Wedding FAQs

What’s the difference between a registrar and a celebrant?

A registrar is a government official responsible for providing the legal part of a marriage. They  are limited by specific forms of words, and you won’t be able to have any religious or spiritual content. Celebrants are free to create the perfect ceremony for you, and can include any words, spiritual, religious and non-religious text and music that are meaningful to you.

Can you do the legal bit for us as well?

I can do the legal bit in Scotland or Northern Ireland, but not yet in England or Wales. If you want to be legally married you will need to contact a registry office to complete the legal part. 

Do you offer same-sex weddings?

I’m proud to offer wedding ceremonies for all human beings, regardless of their sexual or gender orientation, or any other perceived difference. 

How do we book a wedding or partnership ceremony with you?

First contact me to check I am available for your date, and if I am we make a provisional booking and arrange the first planning meeting. If we all decide to go ahead, then you pay half the fee as deposit and the ceremony becomes a firm booking. You have seven days to cancel and receive a full refund. After this time the deposit cannot be refunded. The balance of fees is due the week prior to the ceremony.

What happens if I need to cancel or postpone?

If a ceremony has to be cancelled up to a week before, the remaining fee will be waived. After that time, you will still be expected to pay the full fee.

What do you wear?

I enjoy all sorts of clothing! I’ve dressed for a festival-themed wedding, a formal wedding, and everything in between. If you have a particular colour or theme, I will aim to fit in with it. As an Interfaith Minister I have several beautiful stoles which I can show you, and wear one for the ceremony if you’d like me to. 

Can we involve our pets?

If there is someone around to be responsible for them – then yes. Sometimes dogs come along as part of the bridal party! 

Please note: I charge for travel and, if applicable subsistence, expenses for any ceremony that is further than 20 miles from Truro, UK.